If you add up 5 consecutive odd integers that are each greater than 15, what is the smallest possible sum?
The graph of y = ax2 + bx + c in the standard (x, y) coordinate plane is shown below. When y = 0, which of the following best describes the solution set for x?
（A）2 imaginary solutions （B） 1 double imaginary solution （C） 1 real and 1 imaginary solution （D） 1 double imaginary solution （E） 2 real solutions
Correct Answer: E
In Sulema's geography class, all tests count equally. So far, Sulema has taken 2 of the 3 tests in geography this marking period and earned scores of 88% and 79%, respectively. What is the minimum score Sulema needs on the third test to have a test average of 87%?
（A）99% （B） 94% （C） 91% （D） 87% （E） 84%
Correct Answer: B
Simplify |3 − 11| + 4 × 23
(A)421 (B)520 (C)-10 (D)40 (E)28
Correct Answer: D
More ACT Math Exam Questions
- 1Given f (x) = 3x + 5 and g(x) = x2 - x + 7, which of the following is an expression for f (g(x))?
- 2Find the slope of the line 7x = 3y − 9.
- 3What is the area, in square inches, of the figure shown below?
- 4An editor charges $30 for each hour he works on a book project, plus a flat $25 editing fee. How many hours of work are included in a $190 bill for a book project?
- 5On the number line of all real numbers, what is the midpoint of –12 and 20?