The results indicated a problem that threatened to postpone the topping-out ceremony marking the placement of the final section between the two freestanding legs of the St. Louis Gateway Arch.
(B) had been threatened
(C) will have threatened
He called in Howe, who was in charge, of cleaning the camera room, to help shoot the scene.
（A）NO CHANGE （B） whom （C） that （D） which
Correct Answer: A
Nearby, a younger geyser is replaced, a new offering from the boiling springs that bring the gift of heat to a land of ice.
（A）NO CHANGE （B） has replaced it, （C） lies in replacement, （D） OMITthe underlined portion.
Correct Answer: B
My mother is a justice of the peace; that means she has the power to perform weddings.
（A）NO CHANGE （B） put on the ball and chain. （C） put on the ball and chain. （D） do the nuptial thing.
Correct Answer: A
More ACT English Exam Questions
- 1From the Sung dynasty to the Ming dynasty, jade carvings assumed practical forms—as axes, chisels, and other tools—as well as ornamental forms, such as earrings and pendants. Jade also inspired them to create objects that were both useful and decorative.
- 2Many vegetarians believed that participation in the slaughter and consumption of animals promoted aggression, of humans.
- 3I had followed Amil's initial instructions only to realize he had not told me what to do next I didin't even know how to get Stormy to start moving.
- 4They have flown to elk and deer wintering areas, ridden horses and snowmobiles through the mountains, and throwing back their heads and called out with low, moaning howls in hopes of communicating with the wolves. Occasionally, the wolves have answered back.
- 5While the harmonica was marketed as originally a child's toy, it eventually became a valued portable instrument for folk and blues musicians.