When calculating a certain tax, Simone found that no tax is due for all income up to pdollars, with p > 0. Income greater than pdollars is taxed at a rate of 15%. Which of the following graphs accurately represents this tax?
Wool socks cost $9.60 for a package of three pairs of socks. If you buy three packages, you receive one free pair of wool socks. What would be the average cost of a pair of socks when you buy three packages?
(A)$2.60 (B)$2.80 (C)$2.88 (D)$3.08 (E)$3.20
Correct Answer: C
What is the inequality that corresponds to the graph?
(A)y > 3x + 2 (B)y ≤ −3x + 2 (C)y ≥ −3x + 2 (D)y < 3x + 2 (E)y < −3x + 2
Correct Answer: B
Given triangle CDE (shown below) with a right angle at point E, what is the length of leg DE?
(F) 8 (G) (H) 6 (J) (K) 16
Correct Answer: H
More ACT Math Exam Questions
- 1Amy's best marathon time decreased by 10% from 2005 to 2006 and by 20% from 2006 to 2007. By what percent did her best marathon time decrease from 2005 to 2007?
- 2Given line segment AB with a(-3, 2) and b(5, 8), which of the following is the length of AB?
- 3 If 2x + 3y = 55 and 4x = y + 47, find x y
- 4If a, b, and c are consecutive positive integers and 2a × 2b × 2c = 512, then 2a + 2b + 2c =?
- 5When entering information about the budget of her charity ball, Laura records an expense of $20.00. However, Laura accidentally enters the $20.00 as income instead of an expense. The balance of the charity ball budget now shows: