In the standard (x,y) coordinate plane, line segment has end points C(-3,5) and D(11,-7). What is the midpoint of ?
(B) (8, 2)
(C) (7, 1)
(D) (7, -6)
(E) (4, -1)
One pound is equivalent to 16 ounces. If a book weighs 1.5 pounds, how many ounces, to the nearest tenth, does the book weigh?
（A）10.7 （B） 17.5 （C） 24.0 （D） 61.5 （E） 165.0
Correct Answer: C
If , then which of the following is true?
（A）w > 0 （B） T > 0 （C） m > 0 （D） wt > 0 （E） tm > 0
Correct Answer: E
For all x > 8, = ?
(F) (G) (H) (J) (K) 1
Correct Answer: K
More ACT Math Exam Questions
- 1The decimal construction of repeats and can be written as 0.384615384615???. What is the 99th digit to the right of the decimal point in this decimal construction?
- 2Rectangle PQRS lies in the standard (x, y) coordinate plane so that its sides are not parallel to the axes. What is the product of the slopes of all four sides of rectangle PQRS?
- 3For all a ≠ 0 and b ≠ 0,
- 4Doug, who runs track for his high school, was challenged to a race by his younger brother, Matt. Matt started running first, and Doug didn’t start running until Matt had finished a quarter-mile lap on the school track. Doug passed Matt as they both finished their sixth lap. If both boys ran at a constant speed, with Doug running 2 miles an hour faster than Matt, what was Matt’s speed?
- 5If 2 is a solution of the equation x2 + kx + 12 = 0, what does k equal?