If point A has a non-zero x-coordinate and a non-zero y-coordinate and at least one of these coordinate values is positive, then point A must be located in which of the 4 quadrants labeled below?
(B) I or II only
(C) II or IV only
(D) II, III, or IV only
(E) I, II, or IV only
One endpoint of a diameter of a circle with center (3, -4) has coordinates (5, -3) in the standard (x, y) plane. What are the coordinates of the other endpoint of that diameter?
（A）(1, -5) （B） (1, 2) （C） (-1, 5) （D） (3 + , -3 + ) （E） (3 - , -3 - )
Correct Answer: A
In the figure below, line m is parallel to line n. One angle formed with transversal line T measures 60°, as shown. What is the degree measure of a?
（A）30° （B） 60° （C） 90° （D） 120° （E） Cannot be determined
Correct Answer: D
One endpoint of a diameter of a circle with center (2, -3) has coordinates at (5, -2) in the standard (x, y) plane. What are the coordinates of the other endpoint of the diameter?
（A）(2 - , -3 - ) （B） (-1, -4) （C） (0, -4) （D） (2 + , -3 + ) （E） (8, -1)
Correct Answer: B
More ACT Math Exam Questions
- 1Maria posted a time of 37 minutes and 29 seconds for a 5-mile running course. About how many miles per hour did she average during the run?
- 2A rectangular lot that measures 150 ft by 200 ft is completely fenced. What is the approximate length, in feet, of the fence?
- 370 is 10% of what number?
- 4In the standard (x, y) coordinate plane, if has endpoint a at (-2, 4) and midpoint m at (3, 9), where is endpoint b located?
- 5If 2x2 - x - 15 = 0, what are the 2 possible values for x?