She did not feel ____________ going out, as she had a slight headache.
If we carry out our plan with _____________, we will surely achieve our goal sooner or later.
（A） conditions （B） determination （C） competition （D） frowns
Correct Answer: B
（） we hurry up, we won’t be able to catch the last bus.
Correct Answer: D
A completely new situation is likely to __________ when the age for leaving school is raised to 16.
（A） affect （B） rise （C） arise （D） happen
Correct Answer: C
More College English Exam Questions
- 1We have studied English for only one year,（） we can perform English short play already.
- 2The stepmother was kind to her own daughters but cruel to Cinderella. But the poor girl could do nothing about the ____________ treatment.
- 3He does his work carefully but he is terribly _______ it.
- 4We haven’t seen the Swans for over a week. They （） on a trip abroad.
- 5When my sister phoned me, I could not hear clearly what she was（） .