Some of the passengers escaped serious ____________ in the traffic accident.
Hearing a _____________ noise in the backyard, Pamela went there to have a look.
（A） cracking （B） crack （C） cracked （D） cracker
Correct Answer: A
The student's first attempt at writing a play was a far __________ from the work of Shakespeare.
（A） away （B） way （C） cry （D） distance
Correct Answer: C
You’re（） your time trying to persuade him. He’ll never join us.
（A）spending （B）wasting （C）losing （D）missing
Correct Answer: B
More College English Exam Questions
- 1To increase our working efficiency, it is necessary to _______ every moment we have.
- 2___________ the effects of inflation ( 通货膨胀 ), the government has announced some new policies.
- 3The young man gave a speech with great ___________ and moved all those who were present.
- 4 People who want the typist's job will be judged __________ how accurate and fast they are.
- 5His company promised to pay for his health _______ in addition to other benefits.