They were under the _________ that the company was doing well, but in fact it was in serious trouble.
The escaped prisoner waited until the _____ of night before leaving his hiding place.
（A） dark （B） deep （C） depth （D） dead
Correct Answer: D
I’d love to join you（） I have to drive my son to his football game.
（A）though （B）therefore （C）but （D）while
Correct Answer: C
He never _________ to read the news but turned at once to the crossword puzzle on the last page.
（A） worried （B） noticed （C） pained （D） bothered
More College English Exam Questions
- 1Some of the passengers escaped serious ____________ in the traffic accident.
- 2Seeing that the last bus was leaving, he made a ____________ for it while shouting "Wait! Wait!"
- 3 In general, matters which lie entirely within the state boundaries are the ______ concern of the state government.
- 4The boy（） his time between work and play.
- 5 She picked __________ a stone and threw it at the window.