She couldn't __________ laughing at him in those clothes.
The thing that（） is not whether you fail or not, but whether you try or not.
（A）matters （B）cares （C）considers （D）minds
Correct Answer: A
The stepmother was kind to her own daughters but cruel to Cinderella. But the poor girl could do nothing about the ____________ treatment.
（A） fair （B） diffucult （C） unfair （D） indifferent
Correct Answer: C
Crusoe’s dog became ill and died,（） made him very lonely.
Correct Answer: B
More College English Exam Questions
- 1Very seldom（） that two clocks or watches exactly agree.
- 2The country has ____________ too many wars in the past few decades; its people are longing for peace so much.
- 3She wouldn't even take a short rest there, ____________ stay for the night.
- 4Although he was so tired,（） he went to the concert with his friend that night.
- 5The room was so quiet that she could hear the（） of her heart.