We forgave her anger because we knew that her father's illness had put her under great _________.
The starter ( 赛跑发令员 ) gave the ________ for the race to begin.
（A） advice （B） signal （C） glow （D） attention
Correct Answer: B
The great noise produced by the machine will sooner or later do（）to the workers’ hearing.
（A）damage （B）help （C）wrong （D）harm
Correct Answer: D
I didn't know what to do, but then an idea suddenly ________ to me.
（A） appeared （B） happened （C） occurred （D） emerged
Correct Answer: C
More College English Exam Questions
- 1 This book is full of practical _____________ on home improvements and repairs.
- 2Who is going to （） the telephone ?
- 3 The gray building is where the workers live, and the white one is where the spare parts ____________.
- 4The president has ____________ his political advisors over the slow pace of economic change.
- 5I didn't know what to do, but then an idea suddenly ________ to me.