I tried very hard to persuade him to join our group but I met with a flat _____________ .
The father advised her to avoid the mistake made by many couples of marrying for the wrong reasons ________ he found the young man charming and intelligent.
（A） as though （B） even though （C） because of （D） due to
Correct Answer: B
An explosion is a sudden increase in amount __________.
（A）rapid burning causes it （B）to be caused by rapid burning（C）causing its burning to be rapi （D）caused by rapid burning
Correct Answer: D
If you __________ in your payment for the house again, you may get thrown out.
（A） fall behind （B） account for （C） charged for （D） come to
Correct Answer: A
More College English Exam Questions
- 1We won’t allow any foreign country to _______ in our internal affairs.
- 2“Which of these two ties will you take?” “I’ll take__________to give me a change sometimes.”
- 3 It is useful to be able to predict the extent _____________ which a price change will affect supply and demand.
- 4We will spare no efforts to provide more ___________ products to our customers.
- 5He never _________ to read the news but turned at once to the crossword puzzle on the last page.