Not that John doesn't want to help you, _____________ it's beyond his power.
(A) but that
(B) for that
(C) and that
(D) in that
Bill told me that（） live with his roommates again next year.
（A）he’d rather not （B）he won’t rather （C）he’ll rather （D）he’d rather didn’t
Correct Answer: A
There is a man at the reception desk who seems very angry, and I think he means _____________ trouble.
（A） making （B） to make （C） to have made （D） having made
Correct Answer: B
In case of emergency, please ___________ the orders of the ship staff.
（A） post （B） transfer （C） confirm （D） obey
Correct Answer: D
More College English Exam Questions
- 1 The man in the corner confessed to _____________ a lie to the manager of the company.
- 2第8题 Crusoe’s dog became ill and died,（） made him very lonely.
- 3He called the police for help,（） that the problem was more than he could deal with.
- 4 In case of emergency, please ___________ the orders of the ship staff.
- 5We watched the plane _________ behind the clouds.