She（） his number in the phone book to make sure that she had got it right.
I'd rather read than watch television; the programs seem _____________ all the time.
（A） to get worse （B） to be getting worse （C） to have got worse （D） getting worse
Correct Answer: B
I _______ Alice, who was on her way to see how I was getting along.
（A）came up with （B）got out of （C）ran over （D）ran into
Correct Answer: D
With the price ___________, the fruits are selling much better now.
（A） lowering （B） is lowered （C） having been lowered （D） is being lowered
Correct Answer: C
More College English Exam Questions
- 1I'd like to take __________ of this opportunity to thank all of you for your efforts.
- 2I _______ Alice, who was on her way to see how I was getting along.
- 3This boy was _______ for what he had done in the class.
- 4 She had clearly no _____________ of doing any work, although she was very well paid.
- 5A friendship may be ________, relaxed, situational or deep and lasting.