Train services are now back to（） after last week’s strike.
Although he is considered as a great writer, （ ） .
（A）his works are not widely read
（B）but his works are not widely read
（C）however his works are not widely read
（D）still his works are not widely read
Correct Answer: A
I can hardly believe my eyes. This ___________ man is actually a scientist who once won the Nobel Prize.
（A） remarkable （B） unusual （C） magnificent （D） unremarkable
Correct Answer: D
Occasionally we experience strong winds and storms from the west, but the_____ winds are from the north-east.
（A） existing （B） prevailing （C） particular （D） special
Correct Answer: B
More College English Exam Questions
- 1When my sister phoned me, I could not hear clearly what she was（） .
- 2They are working hard to（） what they have lost.
- 3 The fifth-generation computers, with the ability to think for themselves, _______ and perfected now.
- 4A teacher should always be thoughtful _______ what's best for his pupils.
- 5The starter ( 赛跑发令员 ) gave the ________ for the race to begin.