You’re（） your time trying to persuade him. He’ll never join us.
"For tonight's homework, do pages forty and forty-one in the workbook." "Professor Hones, I think that is _______ work."
（A） far too much （B） much the more （C） too hard （D） the hardest
Correct Answer: A
I just managed to _____________ a quick breath before I was pulled under the water by the passing boats.
（A） load （B） gain （C） take （D） escape
Correct Answer: C
He was completely （） by the thief’s disguise.
（A）taken away （B）taken in （C）taken through （D）taken up
Correct Answer: B
More College English Exam Questions
- 1I am going to（） a group of foreign guests.
- 2The starter ( 赛跑发令员 ) gave the ________ for the race to begin.
- 3 Anne __________ from outside her home last Wednesday.
- 4 She was so _____________ in her job that she didn't hear anybody knocking at the door.
- 5It happened to be very cold（） the morning of our sports meet.