We were so late getting to the theatre that we missed most of（） .
(A)the act first
The stepmother was kind to her own daughters but cruel to Cinderella.But the poor girl could do nothing about the ____________ treatment.
（A）fair （B）diffucult （C）unfair （D）indifferent
Correct Answer: C
The great noise produced by the machine will sooner or later do（）to the workers’ hearing.
（A）damage （B）help （C）wrong （D）harm
Correct Answer: D
It might be asked what the author's basic _______ were; then we could understand his works better.
（A） meaning （B） intentions （C） educations （D） interests
Correct Answer: B
More College English Exam Questions
- 1We forgave her anger because we knew that her father's illness had put her under great _________.
- 2He called the police for help,（） that the problem was more than he could deal with.
- 3（） we hurry up, we won’t be able to catch the last bus.
- 4I was __________ than angry when I saw how they'd ruined the landscape.
- 5If the bad weather ___________, the farmers will suffer great loss this year.