The water will be further polluted unless some measures（） .
(A)will be taken
(D)had been taken
___________ the effects of inflation ( 通货膨胀 ), the government has announced some new policies.
（A） To counter （B） Counting （C） Having countered （D） To be countered
Correct Answer: A
Nobody knows how long and how seriously the shakiness of big businesses will _________ down the economy .
（A） put （B） settle （C） drag （D） knock
Correct Answer: C
Having been on the ____________ for the whole month, the criminal decided to turn himself in to the police.
（A） escaped （B） caught （C） way （D） run
Correct Answer: D
More College English Exam Questions
- 1You never told us why you were one hour late for the last meeting,（） ?
- 2“Which of these two ties will you take?” “I’ll take__________to give me a change sometimes.”
- 3（）you have done might do harm to other people.
- 4Not until Mr. Smith came to China（） what kind of a country she is.
- 5 When workers are organized and united, managers find it hard to lay them _____________.