They are working hard to（） what they have lost.
(A)make up for
(B)keep up with
(C)catch up with
(D)make out for
The students successfully （） the answer to the problem.
Correct Answer: B
A completely new situation is likely to __________ when the age for leaving school is raised to 16.
（A） affect （B） rise （C） arise （D） happen
Correct Answer: C
We will spare no efforts to provide more ___________ products to our customers.
（A） competitive （B） competing （C） competed （D） competition
Correct Answer: A
More College English Exam Questions
- 1 Occasionally we experience strong winds and storms from the west, but the_____ winds are from the north-east.
- 2 I could not persuade him to accept it, _____________ make him see the importance of it.
- 3Her parents objected to（） that farmer, though he has a lot of money.
- 4 The girl has made up her mind to go abroad with her boyfriend despite her parents' _________.
- 5I（） up early this morning, so I stayed in bed until 8 o’clock a.m. .