Not until Mr. Smith came to China（） what kind of a country she is.
(A)did he know
(C)he didn’t know
(D)he could know
Nobody knows how long and how seriously the shakiness of big businesses will _________ down the economy.
（A）put （B）settle （C）drag （D）knock
Correct Answer: C
He said that they had ______ been obliged to give up the scheme for lack of support.
（A）gravely （B）regrettably （C）forcibly （D）graciously
Correct Answer: B
I am not used to speaking _________ public.
（A） in （B） at （C） on （D） to
Correct Answer: A
More College English Exam Questions
- 1The stepmother was kind to her own daughters but cruel to Cinderella.But the poor girl could do nothing about the ____________ treatment.
- 2I'd like to take __________ of this opportunity to thank all of you for your efforts.
- 3A strong ___________ between state and church is an interesting phenomenon in this nation.
- 4Some states in the United States _______ people to carry guns.
- 5I tried very hard to persuade him to join our group but I met with a flat _____________ .