As shown below, rectangle KLMN is divided into 3 large squares (each labeled R) that measure x centimeters on a side, 12 small squares (each labeled S) that measure y centimeters on a side, and 12 rectangles (each labeled P). What is the total area, in square centimeters, of rectangle KLMN?
(A)3x + 4xy + 9yx + 12y
(B) 12x + 4xy + 9yx + 3y
(C) 3x2 + 13xy + 12y2
(D) 12x2 + 13xy + 3y2
(E) 3x3 + 13xy + 12y12
Factoring the polynomial x12 -9 reveals a number of factors for the expression. Which of these is NOT one of the possible factors?
(F) x6 + 3 (G) x12 - 3 (H) x3 + (J) x3 - (K) x3 -
Correct Answer: K
In a certain budget, 30% of the money goes toward housing costs, and, of that portion, 20% goes toward rent. If the amount of money that goes toward rent is $630, what is the total amount of the budget?
（A）$1,680 （B） $2,100 （C） $4,095 （D） $7,560 （E） $10,500
Correct Answer: E
If , then n =
(A) 6(B) 7(C) 9(D) 11(E) 13
Correct Answer: A
More ACT Math Exam Questions
- 1What is the slope of any line perpendicular to the line 5x - 4y = -12 in the standard (x, y) coordinate plane?
- 2Which of the following is equal to
- 3Find the radius of the circle with center (4,−2) that is tangent to the y-axis
- 4If a marble is chosen at random from a bag that contains 16 blue marbles, 12 red marbles, 6 green marbles, and 10 white marbles, what is the probability that the marble chosen will NOT be blue?
- 5Given the equation 3x - 7y = 21, what is the equation in slope-intercept form?