The _______ is nearly dead , so I can not start the car again.
On hearing the bad news, she was _______ and didn't know what to do.
（A）on her guard （B）without a clue （C）over her head （D）in her time
Correct Answer: B
I don't think it advisable that Tim _____________ to the job since he has no experience.
（A）be assigned （B）is assigned （C）will be assigned （D）has been assigned
Correct Answer: A
Please（） that you won’t make such a mistake.
（A）make out （B）make in （C）make sure （D）make up
Correct Answer: C
More College English Exam Questions
- 1Alice received an invitation from her boss,（） came as a surprise.
- 2That man looks familiar to me.He reminds me _______ Dr.Richards.
- 3Very seldom（） that two clocks or watches exactly agree.
- 4 I had just started back to the house to change my clothes _____________ I heard voices.
- 5Her parents objected to（） that farmer, though he has a lot of money.