We are _______ at the rapid progress Mark has made in this semester.
The _______ work continued for more than a week but there was still no sign of the missing boy.
（A）research （B）rescue （C）vessel （D）vast
Correct Answer: B
John _______ to be a polite man. But in fact he is very rude.
（A）pretends （B）assures （C）affords （D）melts
Correct Answer: A
We can not trust him any more because he often ________ his duty.
（A）owes （B）spoils （C）deserts （D）neglects
Correct Answer: D
More College English Exam Questions
- 1 A completely new situation is likely to __________ when the age for leaving school is raised to 16.
- 2When doing the wash, it is important to _______ white and colored clothing.
- 3The student's first attempt at writing a play was a far __________ from the work of Shakespeare.
- 4If you __________ in your payment for the house again, you may get thrown out.
- 5English teachers are（） needed in remote areas.