If 93 - x = 342, then x = ?
Which of the following is (are) equivalent to the mathematical operation a(b - c) for all real numbers a, b, and c? I. ca - ba II. ab - ac III. (b - c)a
（A）II only （B） I and II only （C） I and III only （D） II and III only （E） I, II and III
Correct Answer: D
Daniel is painting a wall in his bedroom. He can cover 36 square feet with 1 gallon of paint. If the wall is 8 feet high and 12 feet long, how many gallons, to the nearest whole gallon, will Daniel need to paint the wall?
（A）20 （B） 16 （C） 12 （D） 4 （E） 3
Correct Answer: E
In the figure below, the circle with center O is tangent to , , , and . The measure of angle BDE is 75° and the measure of DEA is 105°.
The lines in which of the following pairs of lines are necessarily parallel?
(F) I only (G) II only (H) III only (J) I and II only (K) I, II, and III
Correct Answer: G
More ACT Math Exam Questions
- 1If 7x+ 4y= 18 and 3x+ y= –3, what is the value of x+ y?
- 2Ding’s Diner advertised this daily lunch special: “Choose 1 item from each column—only $4.95!” Thus, each daily lunch special consists of a salad, a soup, a sandwich, and a drink. How many different daily lunch specials are possible?
- 3 What is the domain of the function f (x) =
- 4A deli offers 4 types of sandwich meat, 3 kinds of cheese, and 5 bread varieties. When you order a sandwich at the deli, you are allowed to choose 1 meat, 1 cheese, and 1 type of bread. How many different sandwich combinations are possible at the deli?
- 5"If Jenny is home, then her car is in the driveway." If the previous statement is true, then which of the following must also be true?