The students learn about the art and science of architecture, and they perform the school's daily maintenance tasks such as cooking, serving, and cleaning up in the school's kitchen. Those tasks are part of the school's curriculum, although Wright believed that only a person familiar with every room's function could design a well-formed house.
McClintock believed maize (corn) was idealistically a plant to study because each ear had hundreds of kernels for each with a different set of chromosomes.
（A）NO CHANGE （B） an ideal （C） an ideally （D） an idealistic
Correct Answer: B
For as long as I can remember, it is true that I have wanted to play the harmonica.
（A）NO CHANGE （B） it is a fact that （C） it has always been the case that （D） OMIT the underlined portion.
Correct Answer: D
The children were required to do more than sit arid listen quietly through their "lessons."
（A）NO CHANGE （B） more, than sit and listen quietly, （C） more than sit arid listen quietly, （D） more than sit, and listen quietly
Correct Answer: A
More ACT English Exam Questions
- 1She is just one of those whom continued to be active well past the traditional age of retirement.
- 2Other scientists soon confirmed the discovery: a 65-million-year-old layer of iridium is present around the world. Somewhere, the Alvarezes hypothesized, a large extraterrestrial object must have crashed into our planet, leaving iridium in places thousands of miles apart.
- 3What does the National Gallery of Art in Washington, （D）（C）, the Louvre in Paris, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland have in common?
- 4All that's needed to turn that smile into a look of despair, is a reminder that Turkey, whose language is not widely studied in Weatern Europe, may someday become a member of the Common Market.
- 5I recalled her description of the long hard hours, spent working in the migrant camps and the peach and apricot fuzz that prickled her skin.