Thus to Red, it seemed unnecessary and unessential to heed Andrew's "No!" because she considered him her underling.
(C) not necessary and not needed
(D) not necessary and decidedly unessential
That's a crucial part of the preparation to get ready for morel hunting, because often the same woods that yield morels produce poisonous mushrooms, too.
（A）NO CHANGE （B） to make oneself fit （C） of someone planning to be ready （D） DELETE the underlined portion.
Correct Answer: D
The word vegalah is Yiddish for "little wagon," and when I was growing up in the Bronx, that's what we called the hip-high wire basket on two wheels that my parents used for all sorts of errands.
（A）NO CHANGE （B） hip-high, wire, basket, on two wheels （C） hip-high wire basket on two wheels, （D） hip-high wire, basket on two wheels,
Correct Answer: A
My sons sit in a domed, bowl-shaped park where the players meander about on artificial turf that is not natural grass, and where we sit at such a distance that the game appears to be only a rumor.
（A）NO CHANGE （B） that is not real （C） that’s not grass （D） OMIT the underlined portion.
Correct Answer: D
More ACT English Exam Questions
- 1Service opportunities range from home repair and meal preparation; to ride sharing and reading aloud.
- 2She could now hear, the thrum and whir of the colony as she sat in her living room.
- 3In the home of Amy Tan's editor, a large blowup of a 1991 New York Times best-seller list was hung on the wall. The number one novel, Amy Tan's The Kitchen God's Wife, is boldly circled. For Tan, the reward of writing is not found in how many books she sells, but in what she has learned about herself from writing them.
- 4One possible solution to the censorship dilemma is, to rate albums as we do movies.
- 5Cane combined short stories, poetry, and even a short play.