It slithers through the forest like a snake curving, and bending along the banks of the river.
(B) snake, curving and bending
(C) snake curving and bending,
(D) snake, curving, and bending,
In New York City and Boston, he opened boarding houses. Residents there practiced his theories about diet and lifestyle. Which of the following alternatives to the underlined portion would NOT be acceptable here?
（A）houses where residents （B） houses; residents there （C） houses, and residents there （D） houses, residents there
Correct Answer: D
In 1928 in San Antonio, Texas, where Mendoza and her family made their first recording.
（A）NO CHANGE （B） it was there that （C） was where （D） OMIT the underlined portion.
Correct Answer: D
Whenever I tell friends about the ten years I lived in Fairbanks, Alaska, I find myself focusing not on the desolate wilderness,beauty nor on the frigid arctic temperatures. But on the drastic differences in daylight hours of summer and winter.
（A）NO CHANGE （B） temperatures but （C） temperatures but, （D） temperatures: but
Correct Answer: B
More ACT English Exam Questions
- 1This belief inspired Taoist physicians having created a digestible form of jade powder, that they hoped would increase human longevity.
- 2The Japanese school system consists of six years of elementary, three years of middle, and three years of high school. Although high school is not compulsory, attendance has become virtually universal.
- 3There were ancient Babylonian astronomers who associated Mars with their war god Negral, to twentieth-century science fiction writerswho penned spine-tingling stories of "little green men from Mars," this planet has often been a symbol of ill will and danger.
- 4These discoveries provided strong evidence that a large asteroid crashed into Earth about 65 million years ago, creating what is known as the Chicxuluh crater. Which of the following alternatives to the underlined portion would NOT be acceptable?
- 5We ascended slowly upward, with the operator stopping the ride often to let people board.