What is the midpoint of line XY if X(4,2) and Y(3,8)
If pq– 3r= 2, what is the value of qin terms of pand r?
(F) 2p+ 3pr(G) 2p– 3pr(H) (J) (K)
Correct Answer: H
Which of the following is equal to (n– 3)2if n= 11?
(A) (n+ 6)(n– 6)(B) (n+ 5)(n– 7)(C) (n+ 4)(n– 8)(D) (n+ 3)(n– 9)(E) (n+ 2)(n– 10)
Correct Answer: B
What values of a are solutions for a2 + 2a = 8?
（A）6 and 8 （B） 0 and 2 （C） -2 and 4 （D） -2 and 0 （E） -4 and 2
Correct Answer: E
More ACT Math Exam Questions
- 1What is the missing number in the sequence 1, 5, 10, 16, 23, 31, __?
- 2Violet is baking a mixed berry pie that contains blueberries, cherries, blackberries, and raspberries. She uses three times as many blackberries as cherries, twice as many blueberries as raspberries, and the same number of blackberries and raspberries. If Violet has 10 cherries, how many of each of the other berries must she use? Raspberries Blueberries Blackberries
- 3The perimeter of a parallelogram is 36 inches, and one side measures 6 inches. What are the lengths, in inches, of the other 3 sides?
- 4In the square graphed below, what is the slope of line segment AC?
- 5Mr. Baylor spent 6 days grading 996 essays. He averaged 178 essays per day for the first 3 days. Which of the following is closest to his average speed, in essays graded per day, for the final 3 days?