Find the value of x
In the following figure, if the perimeter of the square is 20, what is the area of the shaded region?
(F) 10(G) 12(H) 12.5(J) 20.5(K) 25
Correct Answer: H
What is the value of b in the solution to the system of equations below? 3a - b = 18 a + 3b = -4
（A）-10 （B） -3 （C） 3 （D） 6 （E） cannot be determined with the given information
Correct Answer: B
Find the slope of the line 7x = 3y 9.
（A） 3 （B） 9 （C） 3/7 （D） 3 （E） 7/3
Correct Answer: D
More ACT Math Exam Questions
- 1 For triangle EFG, what is the value of a?
- 2If p and q are positive integers, and 6pq4 and 12p2q2 have a greatest common factor of 1,050, then which of the following is a possible value for the sum of p and q?
- 3Carol has an empty container and puts in 6 red chips. She now wants to put in enough white chips so that the probability of drawing a red chip at random from the container is . How many white chips should she put in?
- 4If a is a factor of 32 and b is a factor of 45, the product of a and b could NOT be which of the following?
- 5For all real numbers m and n such that the product of m and 4 is n, which of the following expressions represents the sum of m and 4 in terms of n ?