He didn't live up to __________ had been expected of him.
Train services are now back to（） after last week’s strike.
（A）ordinary （B）usual （C）normal （D）natural
Correct Answer: C
Great importance was laid on expanding education, with girls as well as boys ___________ to go to school.
（A） to be encouraged （B） being encouraged （C） been encouraged （D） be encouraged
Correct Answer: B
Jessica ____________ her father on the knee and asked him not to worry about his health.
（A） patted （B） struck （C） stroked （D） paced
Correct Answer: A
More College English Exam Questions
- 1"Are you going to the football game " "No. The tickets are _______ expensive for me."
- 2"Are you going to the football game " "No.The tickets are _______ expensive for me."
- 3 She invited 500 people __________ her beautiful ship.
- 4 It might be asked what the author's basic _______ were; then we could understand his works better.
- 5To increase our working efficiency, it is necessary to _______ every moment we have.