She wouldn't even take a short rest there, ____________ stay for the night.
I could not persuade him to accept it, _____________ make him see the importance of it.
（A） if only I could not （B） or I could not （C） not more than I could （D） nor could I
Correct Answer: D
People appreciate _____________ with him because he has a good sense of humor.
（A）working （B）to have worked （C）to work （D）having worked
Correct Answer: A
It might be asked what the author's basic _______ were; then we could understand his works better.
（A）meaning （B）intentions（C）educations （D）interests
Correct Answer: B
More College English Exam Questions
- 1 Not that John doesn't want to help you, _____________ it's beyond his power.
- 2The price of gold rose again, partly __________ news about the war.
- 3（）what the situation would be like, they decided to keep silent.
- 4Good care must（） babies particularly while they are ill.
- 5I won't make a _______ mistake next time.