I picked __________ a magazine that was lying on the table.
The British people and the American people not only speak the same language but（） a lot of special customs as well.
（A）share （B）spare （C）. hold （D）carry
Correct Answer: A
By the time he was twelve, Edison（） to make a living by himself.
（A）would begin （B）has begun （C）had begun （D）was begun
Correct Answer: C
You’re（） your time trying to persuade him. He’ll never join us.
（A）spending （B）wasting （C）losing （D）missing
Correct Answer: B
More College English Exam Questions
- 1I was __________ than angry when I saw how they'd ruined the landscape.
- 2Under no （ ）will I try it again.
- 3There is no ____________ that he was once a thief.But it doesn't mean you can always regard him as a thief.
- 4John _______ to be a polite man. But in fact he is very rude.
- 5A strong ___________ between state and church is an interesting phenomenon in this nation.