I just managed to _____________ a quick breath before I was pulled under the water by the passing boats.
A(n) ____________ of anger drove him almost mad and then he really did something stupid.
（A） burst （B） outburst （C） occasion （D） output
Correct Answer: B
Houston experienced a __________ growth after the war.
（A）broad （B）mechanical （C）wide （D）spectacular
Correct Answer: D
Hearing a _____________ noise in the backyard, Pamela went there to have a look.
（A） cracking （B） crack （C） cracked （D） cracker
Correct Answer: A
More College English Exam Questions
- 1It will（） much time if we drive the car instead of walking.
- 2The mere fact _____________ most people believe a nuclear war would be madness doesn't mean it will not occur.
- 3The government will have to work hard to __________ the confidence of the people after the terrible event.
- 4In the United States, the foreign policy is decided by the ________ government, not by each state.
- 5The man in the corner confessed to _____________ a lie to the manager of the company.