____________ before we leave, the day after tomorrow, we should have a wonderful dinner party.
(A)Had they arrived
(B)Would they arrive
(C)Were they arriving
(D)Were they to arrive
Hardly had Julie graduated from university （） she got a job in a bank.
（A）than （B）while （C）when （D）then
Correct Answer: C
Despite almost universal ______of the vital importance of women’s literacy,education remains a dream for farmary women in too many countries of the world.
（A）identification （B）compliment （C）confession （D）acknowledgement
Correct Answer: D
Not that John doesn't want to help you, _____________ it's beyond his power.
（A） but that （B） for that （C） and that （D） in that
Correct Answer: A
More College English Exam Questions
- 1The ____________ army was commanded by a general who had always been dissatisfied with the king.
- 2The starter ( 赛跑发令员 ) gave the ________ for the race to begin.
- 3You lose your head when you get upset and lose __________ of your actions.
- 4The government's strong action demonstrated its _____________ to end the rebellion.
- 5 Not that John doesn't want to help you, _____________ it's beyond his power.