When he arrived, he found _____________ the aged and the sick at home.
(C)none other than
(D)no other than
He called the police for help,（） that the problem was more than he could deal with.
（B）having been realized
Correct Answer: D
Who is going to （） the telephone ?
（A）reply （B）respond （C）answer （D）pick
Correct Answer: C
The noise of the traffic _________ Paul from his work.
（A） prevented （B） distracted （C） angered （D） upset
Correct Answer: B
More College English Exam Questions
- 1This boy was _______ for what he had done in the class.
- 2First of all, I would like to express my ___________ to my parents, who have cared about me all the time.
- 3When people admire his ________ achievements, they seldom think of the frustration he has experienced.
- 4 I could not persuade him to accept it, _____________ make him see the importance of it.
- 5Little（） about his own safety though he was in great danger himself.