In my imagination, it was a place where huge piles of garbage emaitted an overpowering stench.
The word itself comes from the Spanish word for dance, baile.
（A）NO CHANGE （B） word, itself, （C） word, itself （D） word itself,
Correct Answer: A
Which choice would most clearly indicate that the dialect referenced in the passage was a realistic representation of the actual way language was spoken in Eatonville?
(F) NO CHANGE(G) unusual(H) authentic(J) fascinating
Correct Answer: H
It's impossible to predict which people will dig into their pockets or if they were to open their purses, and I've stopped trying to guess.
（A）NO CHANGE （B） would have opened （C） open （D） might be opening
Correct Answer: C
More ACT English Exam Questions
- 1Many historians believe that the self-indulgence and nationalism of the 1920s, for example, led directly to the Great Depression, which entertained breadlines and dust bowls.
- 2Since the unveiling of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Lin has applied this approach in different parts of the country and to different eras of United States history.
- 3At ten lanes wide, they are much larger than the bypass loops have driven around Indianapolis and Cincinnati.
- 4The farm connects to the Civil War general and U.S. president motivated the recent restoration by a team of National Park Service historians, laborers, and archaeologists.
- 5Consequently, teenagers may use English if the salesperson is their own age but Spanish (as a sign of respect) if the salesperson belongs to their parents generation.