The Abrams put a cement walkway around their rectangular pool. The pool’s dimensions are 12 ft. by 24 ft., and the width of the walkway is 5 ft. in all places. The area of the walkway is
(A)205 sq. ft.
(B)288 sq. ft.
(C)460 sq. ft.
(D)493 sq. ft.
(E)748 sq. ft.
When calculating a certain tax, Simone found that no tax is due for all income up to pdollars, with p > 0. Income greater than pdollars is taxed at a rate of 15%. Which of the following graphs accurately represents this tax?
(A) (B) (C) (D) (E)
Correct Answer: B
The circle below has an area of 64π cm2. A central angle with measure 24° intercepts minor arc . What is the length of minor arc , in centimeters?
(F) π (G) π (H) (J) π (K) 192π
Correct Answer: H
Darcy used a 12-m piece of rope to tie her dog to a tree while she mowed her front yard. The dog could only walk in a semicircle because the tree was located directly next to the house (see diagram below). Assuming 3.14 for π, how much area, in square meters, could the dog cover?
（A）57 （B） 75 （C） 113 （D） 226 （E） 452
Correct Answer: D
More ACT Math Exam Questions
- 1There are 32 ounces in a quart. If 2 quarts of milk costs $2.65, what is the cost of milk per ounce, to the nearest cent?
- 2If the ratio of x:y is 4:5, and the ratio of y:z is 8:9, what is the ratio of x:z?
- 3 In a right triangle, the two non-right angles measure 7x and 8x. What is the measure of the smaller angle
- 4What are the solutions for the equation 3x2 -5x + 2 = 0?
- 5Melissa attaches her dog's leash to a metal anchor in the grass so that
the dog can roam only within a radius of 12 feet in any direction from
the anchor. A map of the area accessible to the dog is shown below in
the standard (x,y) coordinate plane, with the anchor at the origin and 1 coordinate unit representing 1 foot.
Which of the following is closest to the area, in square feet, the dog can roam?