What is the gauge pressure of at a point that is 15 meters below the surface of water that has an atmospheric pressure of 14.7 PSIA?
(B) 150,000 pa
(C) 147,250 pa
(D) 147,000 pa
Find the slope of the line defined by: $latex y=2x^5 + 3x^4 + 2x^2 + 3x + 1$
（A）$latex m = 2x^6 + 3x^4 + 2x^3 + 3$ （B） $latex m = 10x + 12x^2 + 4x^4 + 3$ （C） $latex m = 10x^5 + 12x^4 + 4x^2 + 3$ （D） $latex m = 10x^4 + 12x^3 + 4x + 3$
Correct Answer: D
A company can manufacture a product using hand tools. Tools will cost $1,000, and the manufacturing cost per unit will be $1.50. As an alternative, an automated system will cost $15,000 with a manufacturing cost per unit of $0.50. With an anticipated annual volume of 5,000 units and neglecting interest, the break-even point (years) is most nearly:
(A) 2.0 (B) 2.8 (C) 3.6 (D) 15.0
Correct Answer: B
A plane intercepts the coordinate axis at (4,6,10). What are the Miller indices for this plane?
(A) (2,3,5) (B) (15,10,6) (C) (-4,-6,-10) (D) (10,6,4)
Correct Answer: B
More PE Exam Questions
- 1Reactions on average will proceed faster at a higher temperature because of which of the following?
- 2Which of the following can not be equal to 1 mol of the substance at standard conditions?
- 3What is the thermal efficiency for a Carnot engine that operates between 100F and 400K?
- 4A spaceship leaves the space station with an acceleration of 15 ft/s2. After 3 minutes the engines turn off and the acceleration is 0 ft/s2. What is the average velocity of the spaceship?
- 5You are tasked with identifying where the stress concentrations may appear on a support beam. Of the following locations which will not have a stress concentration? I Near concentrated loads II. Close to discontinuities of the beam III Where distributed loads occur.