How much heat is dissipated when a current of 15 amps passes through a 4 ohm resistor?
(B) 900 btuh
(C) 2,700 btuh
(D) 9,300 btuh
An iron sphere with a mass of 1.5 kg hangs from a 15 cm long spring. If the spring constant is 0.75 N/m what is the period of oscillation when the sphere is pulled down and released?
(A) 3.2 s (B) 8.9 s (C) 4.4 s (D) 12.5 s
Correct Answer: B
Which of the following statements is FALSE when concerning the hot working of metal?
(A) Produce a fine grained product (B) Removes strain hardening (C) Combines of annealing and cold working (D) Decreases the density of the metal
Correct Answer: D
Your credit card has a nominal interest rate of 18%. If the interest is calculated monthly, what is the effective annual rate?
（A）19.0% （B） 18.5% （C） 19.6% （D） 20.1%
Correct Answer: C
More PE Exam Questions
- 1Find the slope of the line defined by: $latex y=2x^5 + 3x^4 + 2x^2 + 3x + 1$
- 2What is the elongation of a 2 meter aluminum bar when it has been stressed to 512 MPa? (E = 69 GPa)?
- 3What is the thermal efficiency for a Carnot engine that operates between 100F and 400K?
- 4What would the annuity be over a 20 year period that has an interest rate of 10% and a present worth of $500?
- 5Using the Gibbs Phase Rule, how many intensive properties are required to fix a mixture of water and ammonia that is in a liquid state?