Whenever x and y are both integers, what is (6.0 × 10x)(5.0y × 10y)expressed in scientific notation?
(F) 30.0 × 100xy
(G) 30.0 × 100xyy
(H) 30.0 × 10xy
(J) 3.0 × 10x + y + 1
(K) 3.0 × 10xy
In the qualifying rounds for a race, Rusty and Dale drive their cars around a 6,000-foot oval track. Rusty and Dale each drive 8 laps in the qualifying rounds in lanes of identical length.
Dale drives 6 laps in 90 minutes. At what average rate, in feet per hour, does Dale drive these 6 laps?
(A) 400 (B) 5,400 (C) 10,000 (D) 24,000 (E) 48,000
Correct Answer: D
In ΔJKL the measure of ∠J is exactly 37° , and the measure of ∠K is less than or equal to 63°. Which of the following phrases best describes the measure of ∠L ?
（A）Exactly 120° （B） Exactly 100° （C） Exactly 80° （D） Greater than or equal to 80° （E） Less than or equal to 80°
Correct Answer: D
If and a, b, and x are integers greater than 1, what must x equal?
（A）11 （B） 154 （C） 252 （D） 1,134 （E） 3,528
Correct Answer: C
More ACT Math Exam Questions
- 1One pound is equivalent to 16 ounces. If a book weighs 1.5 pounds, how many ounces, to the nearest tenth, does the book weigh?
- 2Due to inflation, a refrigerator that formerly sold for $450 now sells for 7% more. Which of the following calculations gives the current cost, in dollars, of the refrigerator (excluding sales tax)?
- 3In the figure shown below, s⊥r and x > 90. Which of the following must be true?
- 4A work crew paints a broken yellow line down the middle of a straight road 16 miles long over the course of 3 days. On Day 1, the crew records 5 miles of road painted. On Day 2, the crew forgets to measure how much road was painted, but on Day 3, the crew records 3 miles painted to finish the job. According to the measurements available, how many miles of road did the crew paint on Day 2 ?
- 5One endpoint of a diameter of a circle with center (3, -4) has coordinates (5, -3) in the standard (x, y) plane. What are the coordinates of the other endpoint of that diameter?